Oticon's People First philosophy is more than a mission statement. It is a way of thinking and doing business that stems from the company's historical roots and has made Oticon a leader in the hearing industry. We hire people who share our commitment to putting the needs of people with hearing loss first. The exceptional quality of our workforce has enabled Oticon to bring many technology and audio logical "firsts" to market and to continue to meet the needs of hearing care professionals and the people with hearing loss that they serve. We provide an environment that enables our multi-disciplinary teams to continue to learn, find new ways to do things better and bring new solutions, features and professional support to market.
Oticon is looking for an Accounting Manager to be part of a dynamic member of the company that oversees the general accounting activities including the month end close as well as the budget process. Ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Responsible for supervising and leading a small team. This position reports to the VP, Finance.
• Oversee month end closing process and general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements.
• Coach, lead and direct two staff members to achieve fullest potential.
• Produce and analyze monthly financial reports
• Provides financial analysis and plays integral role in coordinating annual budget for four Network brands and work through variations from budgets.
• Partners with Finance team in preparation of audits and serve as a primary contact with external auditors
• Review and approve commission payouts to ensure compliance.
• Work closely with business leaders and act as finance business partner for four Network brands and customer facing
• Provide guidance and consultative advice with business executives to execute sound financial and business decisions.
• Represent finance needs through out an ERP migration.
• May perform miscellaneous tasks/projects as directed by manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Required; Master’s degree Accounting or Finance, preferred
• 3 or more years managing an accounting department
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook is required
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities is required
• Strong research and analytical skills are required
• External and internal customer service orientation relating to a shared services environment is preferred
• Demonstrated time management skills and strong oral and written communication skills are required
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navison) or Sage MAS 500 is a plus
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.