E3 is a continuously developing distribution business with headquarter in Chicago, and local sales offices in 38 locations around the nation. This role will act as a financial business partner for the management team in Chicago and the local Regional Sales Managers, to ensure they receive relevant and accurate financial data regarding their business. The Finance Manager will also work closely with the Shared Service Finance Department in Minneapolis, making sure that Group Finance in Denmark also receive monthly reporting that are timely and accurate. Supervises Staff Accountant.
• Help establish seamless reporting to local management and headquarter in Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Review and oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements for timely reporting by the fifth business day.
• Review general bonus calculations on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data for all local offices around the nation.
• Assisting in identifying operational and market trends and utilize this knowledge to aid in maximization of company revenue and profit.
• Refine/develop and provide reports that outline the company’s current and historical financial position.
• Provide guidance and consultative advice with business executives to execute sound financial and business decisions.
• Implement proper controls for inventory/demo management together with the local business.
• Assist local management in preparation of yearly budget and forecast.
• Prepare necessary schedules and reports for management and government agencies, hereunder provide the Tax Department with financial data for filling of Sales and Use Tax.
• Support business initiative of upcoming ERP implementation and represent finance needs.
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned as required.
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
• 3-5 years Public/Private work experience and leading a team, preferably in a multi-location business.
• 3-4 years audit experience preferred.
• Previous experience in a fast-paced, continually changing/growing environment.
• Previous experience in a shared-service environment a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
o (Manipulation and creation of Pivot Tables and utilization of V-Lookups & Sum-Ifs)
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• External and internal customer service orientation relating to a shared service environment.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities –projects, resource, budgetary and operational planning, with string goal definition/desired results skills.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Detail oriented, with impeccable follow through.
• Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to build relationships at a senior level and be a trusted business advisor.
• Proven success with new business development and/or enhancing the scope of projects.
Physical Requirements (Include Travel): Some travel required.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.