Because sound matters!
Sound is a fundamental part of daily life that opens up a world of wonder. Sound and hearing are the key to human development and interaction. Sound is the way we understand, recognize and socialize with other people. In short, to hear is to live. Imagine a world without sound, without being able to hear, without being able to interact.
At Oticon Medical, LLC, we are passionate about using our combined expertise and resources to open up the world of sound to as many people as possible. Oticon Medical offers bone anchored hearing systems which address the needs of specific patient groups. Our solutions benefit people with hearing loss, specialized to meet the needs of those who face the hardest hearing challenges.
Oticon Medical, LLC acts as the US distributor for Oticon Medical AB. Oticon Medical, AB is the legal manufacturer of the implants and sound processors sold by Oticon Medical, LLC in the US. Oticon Medical, LLC and Oticon Medical AB are both wholly owned by William Demant Holdings.
Oticon Medical, LLC is looking for a Clinical Specialist reporting into the Regional Director. This role will work under the direction of the Regional Director, and in partnership with a Territory Manager, to increase Oticon Medical (OM) sales, pursue new business opportunities, strategically plan activities, identify target accounts, and expand our reach through clinical support activities to help achieve 100% of our sales goal.
The clinical specialist is based in the Midwest - states include OH, MI, KY, IN, WI, MN, ND, SD
• Provide on-site clinical support during patient fitting(s)
• Provide support to clinicians as it pertains to bone anchored hearing systems, candidacy criteria, assessment procedures
• Support case management which will include testing, clinical studies, seeking input from appropriate personnel at home office or other field teams
• Effectively train customers on the theory, features and use of Oticon Medical systems by incorporating key messages and positioning as appropriate
• Participate in the on-call program by demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot all Oticon Medical products and Document all incidents and follow-up items within a timely manner
Regional Activity Support
• Develop a time and territory management strategy and work closely with the Regional Manager and Territory Manager to fiscally manage the territory budget to maximize the impact in the market.
• Accurately identify customer needs and seek assistance on execution as appropriate to maximize impact in region
• Work to identify patient advocates and utilize them to provide mentoring opportunities with candidates and increase sales
• Work directly with the schools and educational programs within the region if the activities will positively affect sales
• Work closely with Education and Training to develop advanced training events when it meets the strategic need of the region
• Work directly with referral sources within the region if the activities will positively affect sales
• Support the national and regional conventions/conferences that directly impact the regional objectives.
• Identify opportunities that affect Oticon Medical sales at clinics and hospitals
• Work with Regional Director and Territory Manager to develop strong sales plans
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and position the value of Oticon Medical products, service and support programs, thereby positioning Oticon Medical for competitive advantage
• Utilize effective time management skills and effectively utilize sales and reporting systems
• Masters or Au.D. degree in Audiology (or related profession) Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology or ABA Certified Required
• Minimum 3-5 years of clinical audiology experience with some experience with adult and pediatric patients with BAHS and cochlear implants preferred.
• Sales and/or training experience a plus
• Must be willing to learn and effectively implement sales techniques to increase Oticon Medical market share at centers
• General knowledge of BAHS and related issues
• Experience with Oticon Medical and Oticon Inc. products preferred.
• Familiarity with competitive technology is helpful
• Familiarity with behavioral and objective procedures used to assess candidacy and the benefit for adults and children
• Good communication and time management skills
• Must be able to function as a team player with Regional Director and other team members
• Must be flexible and adaptable
• Experience fitting and troubleshooting patient’s equipment preferred
• Must be an effective teacher and be able to assess the effects of training, and identify areas in need of additional training
• Must be willing to travel greater than 50% of the time
• Must be willing to present publicly
Oticon Medical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.